The processing of Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) as well as the surface techniques to be used for CMC and CFRP materials and components pose particular challenges for manufacturers and users. The anisotropy of the material properties and their surfaces are decisive.
The WG Finishing CMC Surface Technology CMC/CFRP includes the following main topics:
- Exchange of experience between manufacturers, users and research institutions
- Imparting information through technical presentations
- Development of technological roadmaps to meet current challenges such as cost reduction and quality improvement
- Transfer of new findings and methods from research to industry
- Identification of R&D needs and support in initiating joint research projects
- CMC machining technology
- Materials, tools, coatings
- Characterisation, treatment and disposal of machining chips and dusts
- Surface technology and treatments for CMC or CFRP
- Surface characterisation
- Identification of material and surface properties relevant for machining (CMC resp. CFRP) especially investigation of the influence of hardness (CMC)
The dates for the next AG meetings can be found here.
Bore with diameter 5 mm in a CMC material