Composites United Leichtbau-Forschung gGmbH (CU-LF) supports projects that deal with issues relating to fiber composite technologies and hybrid lightweight construction with fiber composites. In addition to fiber-reinforced plastics, these include fiber ceramics and fiber concretes. Please note that funding for projects is limited to Germany.
The CU-LF was founded in 2016 by Carbon Composites e. V. (now Composites United e. V., or CU for short) and joined the German Federation of Industrial Research Associations (AiF) in 2017. The AiF is a national industry-supported organization for the promotion of applied research and development in the German SME sector.
Our partners benefit from the CU’s entire network. They have direct access to its experts and receive valuable support in outlining project proposals, formulating them and finally applying for funding.
Together with research institutions, the CU-LF assumes the following tasks for its industrial partners
- administration and all
- obligations that arise for grant recipients from a publicly funded project (e.g. documentation, compliance with funding legislation, creating audit requirements).
For SMEs, this means that they
- save on the cost of these services, can outsource their
- outsource their R&D activities and
- receive valuable research services at a reasonable cost.
The project partners gain
- Access to the CU network, its subject-specific working groups and media (CU reports, newsletters, and much more etc.),
- Contact with young professionals from the field of scientific institutions,
- Access to the project forum, which provides them with an overview of the state of research and enables new collaborations.
- Access to the collaboration platform “Carbon Connected”, which can be used as a shared working environment.
In principle, the CU-LF does not pursue any self-serving goals, but without solid funding, the society – like any other non-profit research association – is unable to implement its tasks in a sustainable manner. The CU-LF has to fulfill the status of a non-profit organization and is solely supported by donations. Before submitting an application for a research project via the CU-LF, we therefore ask you to check whether project implementation is currently possible in monetary terms.