Doctoral students from the field of Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) are active in the PhD Working Group (WG). The WG allows an interactive exchange across the boundaries of the individual university chairs, research institutes and companies. Doctoral students thus have the opportunity to openly discuss and network as well as to gain insights into the work of other institutions.
The meeting of the working group on March 03, 2022 was designed as a hybrid event at the Institute for Materials Resource Management (MRM) of the University of Augsburg. Tobias Schneider, PhD student at MRM, moderated the event with 28 participants from 9 research institutions. The agenda included four presentations from different topics:
- Joél Schukraft (University Augsburg, Chair of Hybrid CompositeMaterials):
Characterization of an interpenetrating metal-ceramic composite under temperature influence.
- Thorsten Opel (University of Bayreuth Bayreuth, Chair of Ceramic Materials Engineering):
Metal-ceramic hybrid brake disc
- Fabia Süß (DLR, Institute of Structures and Design):
Engine components: the next big challenge in SiC/SiC development
- Tobias Schneider (University Augsburg, Chair Materials Engineering):
Mechanical characterization and failure analysis of a 3D reinforced C/C-SiC composite
- Additional event: Summer Workshop 2022 – details will be announced in time
- Next PhD student meeting: October 13, 2022 – details to be announced in time