- Registration for the face-to-face events is no longer possible – all seats are fully booked. Please contact Denny Schüppel for the waiting list. Registration for the online events is still possible.
- All booths are already fully booked.
- This event will be held in English.
The decarbonization of many production processes and our environment is currently a major political and social focus. At the Innovation Day, we would like to address the topics of energy conversion and energy storage and show what contribution our materials CFRP and CMC can make to this. We look forward to exciting presentations on gas turbines, chemical plant engineering and hydrogen tanks.
Five keynote speeches and a subsequent workshop are intended to create new networks and form the basis for new solution ideas. The speakers include:
- Krishan Luthra, formerly of GE Research, USA: Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMCs) at GE: From inception to commercialization
- Carolin Cichosz, Voith Composites, Germany: Hydrogen storage: the new generation of hydrogen tanks
- Grigorios Kolios, BASF, Germany: The story of OCMC hybrid tubes and their potential applications in chemical reaction engineering
- Dr. Florian Reichert, Schunk Kohlenstofftechnik, Germany: CMC Innovations made by Schunk
- and Dr. Jens-Erich Doering, Siemens AG, Germany: Siemens Energy – Contributing to climate neutrality by transforming the industrial and energy sectors
The Innovation Day will be rounded off by a world café discussion format and parallel guided tours through the production facilities of Schunk Kohlenstofftechnik. In the evening, we will round off the day with a dinner together.
Participation: For members of CU the participation costs 195 €, for non-members the participation costs 395 €. Prior registration is mandatory, the places of the event are limited. Deadline for registration is February 24, 2023 at the latest, if not booked out before.
Exhibition stand: There is the possibility to draw attention to your company within the framework of a small mobile booth. Exhibits or similar items can be placed on a table (approx. 2 x 1 m), and there is also space for roll-ups or posters. Also here the places are limited, the application deadline is February 24, 2023. With interest you come gladly on us. Your contact person: Denny Schüppel (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0177-30 67 261).
Hotel/Shuttle: We have blocked a discounted hotel contingent. We will therefore recommend a hotel to all registered participants. For those traveling by train, a shuttle will be arranged.
Social program: Please find the social program in the agenda. The CU Innovation Day will take place together with the PhD Working Group of Ceramic Composites, the General Meeting of CU West and the meeting of the AK “Reinforcement of Ceramic Materials” as part of a three-day overall program at Schunk Kohlenstofftechnik GmbH.
There is a common registration form for the entire event, please select your preferred option(s) when registering for Innovation Day.
Please note: Registration for the face-to-face events is no longer possible – all seats are fully booked. Please contact Denny Schüppel for the waiting list. Registration for the online events is still possible.